Moms usually feed their toddlers milk, but for this mom in China she thought tadpoles would be a great substitute? A video clip on Chinese social network site showing an adult feeding a toddler what seems to be tadpoles in a bowl of liquid motivated a Chinese pediatrician to warn the public of potential infection which could arise from doing so. In a clip posted on Sina Weibo, YouTube along with other social network channels, a female is shown spooning a swimming tadpole from a bowl of water in a toddler’s mouth. She’s heard cooing: Little fish? Little fish.”.

The kid seems to swallow a little creature. It’s unclear when and where the incident occurred. The video aroused indignation among netizens in China, who slammed the woman for her actions.

Facebook user Lai Han Ng commented on a variant of the video, posted by Orange News, saying: This adult simply has no mind.”. Rachel Wong wrote: This is so pitiful. The family members are fools!”. A pediatrician. Pei, wrote in a Weibo post on Sunday that the practice was one detailed in Chinese herbology book The Compendium of Materia Medica, a book written by doctor and herbalist Li Shizhen throughout The Ming Dynasty from the 1500 s. It’s believed to be capable to detoxify sores or ulcer. Pei wrote.

Image result for Clip of adult feeding child tadpoles goes viral in China, paediatrician warns of possible infection

Nevertheless, eating live tadpoles like that, can develop sores, because they could contract infections from the germs on the tadpole bodies.”. He shared a photograph of a parasitic infection he’d once found in a kid’s stomach, in the operating theater. This could come from eating raw tadpoles, frogs, snakes, he said. According to on-line Versions from the Compendium of Materia Medica, the use of tadpoles to cure sores or welts requires the animals to be mashed into a pulp. The paste is then supposed to be applied on the sores, along with crushed blackberries. A study called A neglected risk for Sparganosis: Eating live tadpoles in central China, approved by the Life Sciences Ethics Committee of Zhengzhou University and published in the Infectious Diseases Of Poverty Journal last year, tackles the odd practice.

The study says that sparganosis, or a type of parasitic infection, caused by ingesting live tadpoles was emerging in central china. Our surveys showed that 11.93 percent of tadpoles in Henan province are infected with plerocercoids, it said. Eating live tadpoles is a high risk of sparganum infection. Comprehensive public health education should be carried out for individuals in endemic areas and a bad habit of eating live tadpoles, should be discouraged.”.

Watch the video: